Saturday, December 13, 2008

12 days to Christmas

Wow, 12 days to Christmas. We talk about the 12 days of Christmas (or at least sing about them) but today I am realizing that I want to take the time to Celebrate what Christmas is really all about during these 12 days. May God prepare my heart to truly appreciate the gift of the season. No matter what I want for Christmas or how many presents are under the tree, I know that I have already received the ULTIMATE gift: to know God personally. He is MY SAVIOR and FRIEND. He comforts me and loves me even when I fail him, he protects me and convicts me when I fail. He provides, secures, loves and disciplines...........He is all to me. I pray that the next 12 days will not just running around "finishing everything before christmas" but that the next 12 days will be days that I focus on why we celebrate at all. I hope you will do the same.

No comments: