Monday, December 8, 2008

Christmas Time

Well, there is no doubt about it, its Christmas Time!! We had our turkey a few weeks ago, the stores are packed with people and there are beautiful lights almost everywhere. I love Christmas!! But not because of all the presents and candy and parties but because it is a time when we can shout out to the world: JESUS IS THE REASON FOR THE SEASON. Yes, I say Merry Christmas to everyone!!!! Don't get me wrong, we do presents and I LOVE getting presents but more important than any material gift we can get is knowing that our Savior was born so that He would die to offer each one of us salvation.....I am a child of God and no matter what happens, I KNOW that I will be with him in glory!! You can KNOW that too. Its a perfect time of the year to accept the gift of salvation. You accept every other gift you get this time of year. We give presents to let others know that we love them and are thinking of them. We take this time of year to say "you are important to me and because of Jesus' birthday-we share gifts with one another. So again I ask, why not accept the greatest gift. It serves the same (but greater purpose)-Jesus gift of Salvation is because he loves us exactly where we are right now. Won't you take the gift???? I pray that this christmas you will open your eyes and heart and truly get the meaning of Christmas.

No comments: