Tuesday, December 9, 2008

My wonderful, wonderful kids

I guess I often mention my kids in post but haven't really taken the time to talk about each one of them. I am very proud of all my children......
I usually start at the oldest and work my way down but today I will talk about them from Lauren to Brandon.
Lauren is now 13. I can't believe it! I still remember being pregnant for her. I was so nervous the whole time....being a high risk pregnancy and having to count movements every hour made things more frightening. After losing Matthew when I was 7 1/2 months pregnant made this pregnancy a year after so much more complicated for me. But God is so good and faithful. I remember going to the doctor for my check ups and holding my breath every time they tried to hear the heartbeat. (that is how we found out Matthew had died). Anyway, Matthew is thought about often and he makes me even more grateful to God for the three wonderful kids that are with me now. Back to Lauren: She has been cooking pancakes since she was four! (with supervision of course) but she learned to mix them and cook them on the griddle. She loves cooking!! And its been really great to see her interest in cooking. She is also a lot of help with that gift because she will cook dinner for us sometimes. Steak is her favorite meal! She is in 8th grade and is so kind and forgiving, beautiful and sweet......she is just such a blessing. She is shy but so hilarious!!!
Kristen.....what can you say about Kristen in just a few sentences. She is great!!! Not only is she beautiful but she can make you laugh at the drop of a hat. She is my drama queen....She is so good at drama and very gifted in lots of other areas. She is artistic and definitely has some skills in the hair and make-up area. She cuts all of our hair and keeps me blonde. (hehe). She is very caring (even though she tries to hide it with sacrasm). She is protective of her siblings and of her family. I have seen her mature so much into this wonderful young woman whom I am very proud of.
Brandon.......our college student. Its crazy....I know that I am 40 and definitely old enough to have a 19 yr. old but it still blows my mind that I am actually that old. I certainly don't feel like I am. One day I was talking with my cousin and we agreed that somehow our children have become adults (or at least teenagers) and yet we feel the same. Our parents have aged and so have our kids but somehow we have staying the same. Impossible I know but its just the way I feel. Anyway......Brandon moved away to Jackson, TN to go to Union University. I am so proud of him (of course, I am not sure if he knows that........you know, he's 19 and wants to separate himself from us......so.....). But anyway, we are looking forward to seeing him for Christmas. He transitioned well into college life, seems to have lots of fun and lots of friends. He is so talented as well.
All my kids seem to have wonderful skills and talents. They are talented, beautiful and blessed. I hope they appreciate who they are and who they belong to. I love knowing that they have all met Jesus and asked Him to be their savior. What greater gift can a parent have then to know that their children are saved.

btw- Kristen has a great boyfriend named Gunnar. Kevin and I like him a lot. I am pleased to see how much he respects our daughter. He has become part of our family already!!
Guess that is at on the fam.......if you are reading this, think about us sometimes and pray for our family: pray that our children will be blessed and have fruitful relationships with Christ and that our family will grow in unity.

No comments: